Search and Rescue news articles
- "I was lied to and treated with disrespect." - April 27, 2013
- Hiker's Body Found in Mtns. - April 19, 2013
- Body of Missing Lost Dutchman Hiker Possibly Found by Superstition Search and Rescue - April 19, 2013
- Body of missing hiker found in Superstitions - April 19, 2013
- Golden Sun R.V. Resort Assists Superstition Search & Rescue - January 30, 2013
- Body of man who hunted legendary 'Lost Dutchman's' gold mine believed found in Arizona mountains - November 29, 2012
- Superstition Search and Rescue Team Finds Human Remains in Same Area Where Missing Gold Prospector's Campsite Was Found in 2009 - November 27, 2012
- 2012 Grand Canyon Clean Up - October 8, 2012
- Jeff Block, buddy Blue are leaving their mark - August 25, 2012
- Missing Ariz. man found dead in truck, police confirm - August 10, 2012
- AJ man and his dog killed in truck crash -- found at bottom of Salt River Canyon by search team - August 8, 2012
- A Deadly Vision - February 28, 2011
- Third body found in Superstitions - January 24, 2011
- Local search and rescue team believes remains in Superstitions may be missing Utah man - January 17, 2011
- 2010 Review - January 1, 2011
- Moonlight hike held for FBI - November 4, 2010
- Missing Man Found Dead - October 18, 2010
- 20th Annual Grand Canyon Clean Up - October 17, 2010
- SSAR Receives CERT Training - July 19, 2010
- SSAR Expands Services to Include Urban Rescue - January 14, 2010
- SSAR Delivers - January 5, 2010
- SSAR Finds Body in San Tan Valley Canal - January 3, 2010
- Search and Rescue Receives State Commendation - December 6, 2009
- Second Rescue in SSAR's Final Days with County - November 29, 2009
- Injured Woman Rescued From Cliff - November 25, 2009
- Superstition Mountain Rescue - October 26, 2009
- SSAR Will Not Join Sheriff's Posse - October 16, 2009
- Search and Rescue Participates in Rescue Rodeo - June 15, 2009
- Two Rescued From Superstitions - September 29, 2008
- Superstition Search and Rescue Inspires 'Rock the Boat' - September 10, 2008
- Climber clung for life before 80-foot fall - March 15, 2008
- Phoenix New Times Best Mountain Rescue - March 01, 2008
- AJ hiker survives 6 days injured in Superstitions - April 19, 2007
- SSAR is First Recipient of the Lacy-Conner Peterson Grant - May 22, 2006
Missing Man Found Dead
By Christina Fuoco-Karasinski
Apache Junction/Gold Canyon News
Cause of death undetermined, his sex offender notification was printed in paper
A man who went missing shortly after his sex offender notification was published in The Apache Junction/Gold Canyon News has been found dead.
David Henry Huck was found Friday, October 8, by Superstition Search and Rescue in the area of Tepee and Meridian Road in a semi-wooded brush area, said Capt. Tom Kelly of the Apache Junction Police Department. His notification was printed on October 4 and his family bought a missing person's ad that ran in the paper on October 11.
The body was positively identified by the Pima County Medical Examiner. The cause of death is unknown at this time, Kelly said.
"There was not any immediate trauma," Kelly said. "There were not any visible injuries like bullet holes or anything like that. They did a forensic scan and there was no immediate trauma to the body."
"It's an unfortunate situation for the family."
Huck was arrested in 2008 after police in Colorado received a report that an adult male had exited his vehicle naked and was standing in front of an elementary school.
No students were present during the incident.
He left the scene before police arrived, according to reports, but witnesses provided a description and the vehicle's license plate number. Huck was arrested a short time later at his home.
Copyright 2013. All rights
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.